cheaphotelbloodymary: the cheaphotelbloodymary mission statement

Monday, August 28, 2006

the cheaphotelbloodymary mission statement




It seems to me that when I peruse other people's blogs, they seem to fall into a few categories. Personal journal types, politics, music or film reviews, and or just weird, when I first started this blog I didn't really have a vision for it. It was just there for me to spew forth my thoughts. Which I guess it still is. In magazines like Spin or something there are always lists where an artist will list their "10 Favorite Records" or whatever. This has always been my favorite part of magazines, that and reviews. So my vision of this blog, is to combine shit like that with film and music reviews. Plus, some politics, and personal shit, make sense? As for the name, on my birthday this year, we went to Hilo, and stayed in a shitty, cheap hotel. The night of my birthday I spent in the bathtub sipping bloody marys. That's it in a nutshell. It has a nice ring, I think. For me for some reason it brings up ideas of what this blog is about.
Today, it is so easy to get information. I really feel that blogs are the new media. Anyone can publish a blog, and get their viewpoint out. I was reading zine review in Maximum Rock n Roll, and thinking that blogs are the new zines. While that might piss some purists off, that is how I look at my blog. As for the format, the collage of images at the top is the "cover", and each post is a page in a neverending zine. You never know what you might find, a political rant, to some stupid list, or a review of some movie you never heard of. So let's all enjoy the ride together.

View My Stats