cheaphotelbloodymary: Wu Manual

Friday, April 07, 2006

Wu Manual


So I have been on Wu kick recently, the other day I was at the library and came upon a book called the Wu-Tang Manual. It is authored by the RZA, and a good read. It offers everything from fashion advice, philosophy, and music insight. Its a quick but good read, RZA drops knowledge all over. I have been thinking back recently, and I realized that RZA was the first producer in hiphop who tripped me out. I can even tell you what it was, that "fingersnap" snare on the "Bring Da Ruckus". Sick shit. After that, for a long time, I always checked for RZA beats.

However, Wu-Tang Forever was a disappointment. It was too long, and overblown. I don't know, maybe I should try it again. They all can kill it, although RZA, Ghostface, and ODB are my fav's. RZA's lisp makes his verses so much doper. Ghostface rips the abstract, and ODB was all over the place. I want that Bobby Digital shit.

View My Stats